Guys!!! I just received my first [blogging] award nomination. Eeeeeeek!!! So exciting! Thanks so much Audrey at Audrey Writes Abroad. I’m so glad I discovered her blog [or did she discover mine first? haha] and I really enjoy her posts. You should check out her awesome blog– it’s about traveling, and great books, and other fun adventures!
A fun part of this award is that I also get to pass on the award nomination. If the bloggers I nominate choose to accept, go through the official rules and find out more about the award.
- Recognize and thank the person who nominated you
- Provide the rules of the award (can link back to the official rules post)
- Answer the 11 questions posed by the nominator
- Provide 11 different questions to be answered by your nominees
- Nominate 5-11 blogs
- Give 10 random facts about yourself (optional)
- Has your opinion of blogging changed since you started your blog?Not really. I still think blogging is awesome :). I have learned a lot of things since I started in October 2015 and I know there is still a ton more to learn. I’m glad I took the plunge.
- What post was the hardest to write/publish?None of my posts have been all that hard to write. Some of them take really long to finish writing and editing, which could be considered hard I guess. The hardest to publish, I’d have to say was this one– for obvious reasons.
- What do you do when you don’t know what to blog about?I sit and obsess over it for a while. lol. I usually have the beginning of a few drafts on my blog but sometimes I don’t particularly feel like finishing them at the time. Sometimes the problem is having so many ideas of what to write about and not being able to pick one and ending up with a few weeks of no posts. Oh well.
- What book do you believe everybody should read?That’s a tough one. I’ve read so many great books over the years so it’s hard to pick one. Also, it just really depends on people’s tastes. So I will offer a variety of suggestions- the Harry Potter series, Sidney Sheldon books, Maeve Binchy novels. The Bible.
- What is your idea of the perfect travelling book?A book that’s easy to read, not tiny print, adequate white space, one you don’t have to remember a lot of details- in case you keep getting interrupted due to sleep or layovers or getting into queues, etc. Sorry if you were looking for an exact title. haha.
- What was the scariest travelling moment of your life?The one that immediately comes to mind is when I was traveling solo in Europe. I was on the Rome to Paris leg and I was traveling by train by way of Turin, Italy, spending the night there. When I arrived at the train station in Turin, I had no clue how to get to my hotel- despite my efforts to take screenshots of the google maps directions. I didn’t take into account how large the train station would be and how many million entrances and exits there would be. Also, I have no clue where east or west is- can’t always wait for sunrise or sunset ;). I also know next to no words of Italian and they weren’t so hot on English either. I was very panicky for a few minutes. Good news- I eventually found the hotel :).
- Three destinations on your bucket list:How about my entire travel bucket list? 😉
- Walk or drive?Very vague question. lol. But I’d say drive if I’m home but walk if visiting a walk-friendly city.
- Do you read several books at the same time or one at a time?Usually one at a time.
- What is the first book that made you cry?Knowing me- probably the first book I ever read. lol. I cry for almost anything, even comedies.
- If you could teleport anywhere right now, where would it be?Hogwarts? jk. Some island with a beautiful sandy beach and crystal blue water- relaxing in a hammock, cocktail in hand. Answer may change by tomorrow ;).
My Questions for the Nominees:
What inspired you to start your blog?
What’s been the most challenging part of blogging for you?
What’s been the most rewarding part of blogging for you?
Favorite movie and why?
Favorite TV show and why?
Favorite book and why?
Best place you’ve traveled to and why?
Most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
Achievement you are most proud of?
What is your dream job?
What are a few items on your bucket list?
What would you tell 18 year old or 21 year old you?- pick one or both.
I Nominate …
- Little Brantley Abroad
- Philister Sidigu
- Wanderlust- A new chapter
- Rapetti Review
- northern stroll
- Beta Motivation
10 Random Facts About Myself
Rather than copy and paste my ‘about me’ page, I will just provide a nice handy little link here 🙂